Howdy Blog Fans!
Remember when I journeyed across the USA and back in my trusty Subaru Forester? I’ve been meaning to follow up ages ago with some random facts. Finally I’m “getting to it!” Most likely it took so long because it involved some calculations and my passion does not lie there!
Here’s a list of statistics and/or answers to the most popular questions people asked me about my trip:
1. Length of trip? 7 weeks (6 weeks traveling to West Coast and back, 1 week in Ontario)
2. Total miles traveled? @ 10,798 miles
3.Total hours traveled? 181 hours (this is most likely highly underrated)
4. Places visited? Ithaca, NY; Rochester, NY; Toledo, OH; St. Charles/St. Louis, MO; Madison, WI; St. Paul, MN; Badlands/Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota; Sheridan, WY; Idaho Falls, ID; Missoula, MT; Bellevue/Seattle/Tacoma, WA; Vancouver, BC; Centralia, WA; Portland, OR; Coos Bay, OR; Stewart Mineral Springs/Mt. Shasta, CA; San Francisco/Salinas/Monterrey, CA; Bakersfield, CA; Flagstaff/Grand Canyon, AZ; Sante Fe, NM; Austin, TX; New Orleans, LA; Memphis, TN; Ashville, NC; College Park/Baltimore, MD; Middletown/New Castle, DE; Falmouth, Cape Cod; Hamilton, ON
5. Number of people visited? 90 (includes hosts as well as meet- ups)
6. Number of people I wanted to see but missed? 19
7.Number of paid for accommodations? 10 (6 campgrounds, 3 hostels, and 1 Motel 6)
8.Money spent on gas? $1,278.32
9.Favorite places? Montana, Sante Fe, Austin, Memphis
10.Number of times stopped at McDonalds? 7 (for WiFi – ha!)
So there you have it, folks! Hope you enjoyed the list. By the way, the title of this blog entry is the name of a book I read as a kid. How about you? Have you heard of it? Read it? Tell me about your own cross-country adventures!