When you plan to make an afternoon of it at your local public library, here are some things you need to ensure your comfort:
- Warm cloths/sweater/cardigan – with the AC blaring non-stop, eventually, you are gonna feel a chill, so have some means of keeping your body temp in a comfortable range.
- Laptop – this handy device can entertain you in a multitude of ways, from listening to music, watching videos, keeping up with Facebook friends, reading emails, calling your dad on Skype, or actually writing blog entries or show vignettes.
- Earphones – so you can listen to your songs and videos and dad without bothering other people – dang! I forgot mine today!
- Water – to keep you hydrated of course
- Snacks – to stave off hunger – this I have yet to bring and this usually drives me out of the library eventually.
There you have it, the five essentials. Do go try an afternoon at your local library – you are out and about amongst people, yet can create your own little world with these items. Don’t forget to smile once and a while – makes people wonder what you are up to! And pick up literature to find out what other things your library can offer you. Mine has a list of 125 items, because it is the 125th anniversary of library (Hamilton Public Library, Ontario, Canada). If I do 10 things and report it, I can be entered in a lottery. Woohoo! Libraries are the best!